Donnerstag, 22. November 2012

Always look on the bright side of life!

We watched a film in religion class just the other day... "The life of Brian", Monty Python. Many people must be thinking the British humour is a piece of crap, That is, from a German perspective. But the ending was still something which almost brought me to tears, because it had such a meaning! Always look on the bright side of life, they sing, as they are being crucified. I know, it is a bit corny to almost break out in tears. But I have a different perspective of things that people laugh about. The other day in some class we were supposed to describe the feelings we had when we earned money for the first time. I explained how I was once offered some money by an old lady for playing the piano voluntarily: I still have it lying somewhere, simply because I didn't want to accept it. And ever since I've been coaching some kid, people have been coming to me and trying to persuade me to claim money for it! I just can't! I think that it's a priveledge to give knowledge to others. Funny as it may sound, funny and wierd, my teacher just laughed. And so did the others. But that's drifting away from the topic.
No matter how wrong a day seems to have gone, this song will always be a motivation. "You come out of nothing, you go into nothing. So what have you got to lose? - Nothing!"
And no matter how bad British humour may seem, my class continues to sing and whistle throughout the whole school. A song which should brighten up everybody's lives.

Just goes to show how important music really is.

 ♪ ♪ Always look on the bright side of life! :) ♪ ♪

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen